61sec. - dialogue from 4 characters, all female-as-male •
"Harold (narrator)" - adult, storyteller, low-to-mid range •
"Chester" - adult, nasal, articulate, snarky •
"Howie" - young child/child-like, enthusiastic/excited, mid-to-high •
brief "Mr Monroe" - adult, upbeat
Molly is a theater character actor, capable of switching in and out of varied, distinct characters, live. As a singer and musician, she's comfortable playing with pace and inflection. She has 10+ years professional performance experience, acting, singing, and cello, separately and together. She grew up listening to radioplays, audiobooks, and parents reading aloud, and always wanted to pay that forward.
Full credits at www.mollygilman.com
VO training: Edge Studio, Danielle Quisenberry, Jen Rudin, Natalie Moore
highlights from theatrical résumé:
• "Pinkalicious" (Vital Theatre Co: New World Stages/Bleecker St Theater/Vineyard/others, National Tours, cast album; orig. roles, lead replacement & swing)
• "Swing!", "Lili Marlene", & "Frankenstein" (Write Act Rep, St Luke's Theatre, orig. roles)
• "Woyzeck Musical Deathmetal" (Gorilla Rep, Roy Arias studios)
• "The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show" (DR2 Theatre, Boo at the Zoo)
• "12 Angry Women" as #8 (Times Square Arts Ctr)
• "The Tempest" as Ariel (C.A.G.E. / Looking Glass)
• "Taming of the Shrew" as Katherina (Hudson Shakespeare Co.)
• "Trojan Women" as Poulynôe/Hecuba u/s (Wide-Eyed Prod.)
• "Pinkalicious" as Pink (see above)
• "Simon the Invisible Boy" - orig. role (Ritual Theatre Co)
• American Shakespeare Center (3 shows a season, multiroles in each)
REGIONAL (Los Angeles, etc)
• in rep at the Santa Monica Playhouse (w. Evelyn Rudie) (roles include Queen of Hearts, Alice Liddell, Medusa, Dorothy Gale, Ozma, Wicked Queen, Snow White, Mrs. Claus, Cat, etc; sometimes playing up to 3 characters in same show)
• "Next Thing You Know" (west coast premiere @ Chromolume Theater)
• "Bronies!" (3rd St. Theater, cast album)
• Rapidfire International's U.S. Premiere of "Alice in Wonderland"
reviews at mollygilman.com/reviews.html
Paper Mill Playhouse Rising Star Award nom.: Fanny Brice in "Funny Girl"
NJ ACT Perry Award nom.: Abby in "Late Christopher Bean"