Valedictorian Speech from 2013
Bios & Memoirs
This is a speech I recorded of myself, just speaking casually, for the Valedictorian Award I received upon graduation in 2013 from CATO Tech/ da Vinci College. In the background is a song recorded, mixed, produced, and mastered by me as well.
I'm a proud father and husband; I'm passionate about teaching and raising my children.
I'm a seasoned and educated audio engineer; I've been working in the field of sound for over 20 years.
I'm a fitness enthusiast; I've played many sports and have a heart for basketball, weight training, HIIT training, and general well-being.
I'm a techie; I grew up in the 80's - evolving as computers evolved, and now I run a business using sophisticated recording and production software & hardware.
I'm a jack of all trades; I spent years building houses, I own a century old farmhouse and piece by piece I'm restoring to it's former beauty.
I'm into reading...anything at all, all genres, I just love to read information, regardless of material.
I'm a life long learner; I've worked hard for 3 college diplomas, and enjoying multiple hobbies, when I have the time for them ;)
I'm a gentleman; I'm respectful of all people regardless of creed or belief system
I'm honest, sincere, and assertive; I'll tell you what I think with tact and poise. I'm easy to get along with :)
I have got a great set of ears; I've been involved in audio production since the early 90's. I know sound, I know it well.
Most importantly, I have a great voice. I started singing publicly when I was 5 years old, and I have continued to use my voice in multiple productions for 35 years. I started recording music; my own and other artists' in the early 90's, using multi-track reel to reel recorders. I have an expressive, engaging, masculine, North American accent, with a slight, mid-lower pitched gruff, but in a soothing and gentle way. I'm capable of conveying multiple emotional nuances and textures, the right fit for all your characters.
Midnight - 2013 (Short film, horror genre, sound recording, editing, music creation, producer, and mastering)
New Brunswick Health Research Foundation - 12 short documentaries, one documentary for government and public presentation, 2013-2014 (https://www.nbhrf.com/en/researcher-month-2013-2014)
- Dr. Chris McGibbon, October 2014
- Dr Denise Clark, September 2014
- Dr Rodney Ouellette, August 2014
- Dr Lucia O'Sullivan, July 2014
- Dr. Bill Morrison, June 2014
- Dr. Sarah Pakzad, May 2014
- Dr. Barbara D'Entremont, April 2014
- Dr. Deborah van den Hoonard, March 2014
- Dr. Kevin Englehart, February 2014
- Dr. Vett Lloyd, January 2014
- Dr. Marc Surette, December 2013
- Dr. Baukje Miedema, November 2013
New Brunswick Health Research Foundation - 12 short documentaries, one documentary for government and public presentation, 2012-2013 (https://www.nbhrf.com/en/researcher-month-2012-2013)
- Dr. Shelley Doucet, October 2013
- Dr. Stephen Lewis, September 2013
- Dr. Mathieu Belanger, August 2013
- Dr. J. Ted McDonald, July 2013
- Dr. Gilles Robichaud, June 2013
- Dr Christopher Gray, May 2013
- Dr. Ann Beaton, April 2013
- Dr. Stacey Reading, March 2013
- Dr. Michel Johnson, February 2013
- Dr. Rima Azar, January 2013
- Dr. Anthony Reiman, December 2012
- Dr. Sandra Turcotte, November 2012
Audio Engineering & Sound Production, Da Vinci College, 2011 - 2013 Grad Class Valedictorian